Sunday, July 5, 2009

Qualified!!!!



Chesney attended her first ever Rally Obedience trial this weekend in Sedalia. Though I was so nervous my legs were shaking throughout the first exercise yesterday, Chesney did great and got a qualifying score of 90 out of 100 possible points. Although we did not actually place in the class, we are still very proud of her qualifying ribbon. Today, I was more relaxed and Chesney did great again. She scored 85 out of 100 points and got another qualifying ribbon. She got a bit distracted on the side of the ring that adjoined the next ring. In that ring, there were about 10 dogs all on a down stay while their owners were out of the building. Chesney became very interested in why those dogs were all just laying there not doing anything fun and was really not interested in doing her call to front/finish left exercise. She sort of did it finally. The exercise I was most worried about was the halt while the owner walks around the dog. She did that one just fine. Probably thanks to the fact that we've been working on sit and down stays on the table while I walk around it for agility class. So now, she just needs one more leg for her Novice A rally title. We'll be attending the Springfield show in October to hopefully get that done! We went with Nicki, Legend and Zodiac and they all did especially well. We were very proud for them too. Someday, Chesney and I hope to be that good, but we are just getting our start! We are having great fun and that is what matters most! The pictures show Chesney's ribbons and the congratulatory new toys I got her today and a very tired Chesney from all of her big debut weekend activities. Oh, and ignore the dates in the pictures, I forgot to set the date in my camerabefore I took pictures.

2 comments:

Nicki said...

yeah ches!

Sue said...

Oh oh, you're the competition! We'll have to check dates before we enter.