Sunday, October 18, 2009

Chesney's First Title


This morning, Chesney acquired her third leg of Rally Novice A in obedience, securing her first ever title! Yesterday morning, she got an NQ for her exercise. She was very distracted and not really paying much attention to me at all. Who knows why dogs do what they do. It might have been that I was really nervous, or that she did not like the mat on the floor, or that many of her friends from agility were there and she thought the whole thing was a social event. What ever the reason, she was much more attentive today while we were in the ring. She did not want to do her call forward finish right again today, though she did it great while we were practicing. And, I think I directed her wrong on one of the exercises, but we maintained a loose "j" shaped lead throughout most of the course and she pretty much kept her eyes on me. We have a lot of work to do this winter, because the next division, Rally Advanced A, will be done all off lead. Right now, we have three upcoming agility trials to work towards, and she is coming along very nicely in class. At our last class, she got ahead of me and actually turned back to look at me to ask"where do I go now" rather than just running amuck like she used to. This is all very exciting and I am very much enjoying the bond that we are strengthening between us. Chesney is an awesome dog!

3 comments:

Nicki said...

Way to go Ches! We are proud of you!

Sue said...

Congrats Ches. You made Linda look good today.

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

WOW, that is very exciting, WAY TO GO, CONGRATS!!!